You likely already know that understanding your blood glucose levels is important for your wellness journey. Insights from a continuous glucose monitor (which can help you view your blood sugar in real-time, 24/7) can be a helpful addition to your toolkit when setting and working towards your goals.
What is a CGM?
With a CGM, you can observe real-time glucose responses to lifestyle factors like food, stress, exercise and sleep.
If you’ve decided you’d like to use CGM sensors to see your glucose response to various lifestyle factors, it’s a good idea to look for a CGM program.
Because viewing your glucose readings isn’t all there is to this metabolic health marker, finding a CGM program that works for your specific goals is the next step in your journey to a healthier lifestyle. With so many to choose from, knowing which program is worth the time and commitment can be challenging.
There are so many things you should find out from a potential CGM program provider: what do the various plans include? Do the CGM devices provided with the program connect with a helpful app? Do the integrations and wearables suit your needs? Is there any other support provided? At Nutrisense, for example, you can see how your glucose responds to various dietary and lifestyle factors using data insights from a CGM and 1:1 expert dietitian support.
It’s always important to do your research to ensure you’re getting the best program for your needs: not all CGM programs offer the same benefits. In this article, we’ll present a side-by-side comparison of Nutrisense and Signos, breaking down the features, benefits, and pricing of each.
Read on for a closer look into Nutrisense vs. Signos.
Nutrisense Overview: Features, Pricing, and Benefits
Nutrisense aims to help our members discover and reach their health potential through data, accountability, and actionable insights.
When you join Nutrisense:
- You get two CGMs a month and access to the Nutrisense app to track daily habits.
- You can see how your food, sleep, exercise, and stress impact your blood sugar levels.
- You will also have access to personalized, one-on-one dietitian support—dietitian coaching is FREE for your first month with the program!
- When you sign up, you are matched with a registered dietitian based on your wellness and health goals.
Here is an in-depth look at our features, pricing, and benefits.
Features and Benefits
Nutrisense’s CGM program offers several features that can help you build sustainable, healthy habits to meet your overall health and wellness goals. These features include:
Weight Loss Support
Whatever your wellness goal is, Nutrisense can help! With a team of credentialed experts with various specialties, including weight loss, Nutrisense's dietitians can help support your weight struggles.
You will get the data and support you need to:
- See how glucose fluctuations and weight may be connected.
- View your body’s blood sugar responses to various foods with the help of meal tracking in the Nutrisense app.
- Learn how balanced calorie and macronutrient intake can help support energy and shed pounds.
- Prevent exercise exhaustion and optimize your workouts for weight loss success.
- Understand your body’s response to activities and diet so you can shift stubborn weight and beat weight loss plateaus.
- Lose weight but maintain energy so you can look and feel your best.
- Get personalized recommendations on nutrient intake and meal preparation that help personalize your weight loss goals.
FREE Weight Loss Guide!
Stopped losing weight and don’t know why? Just starting on your weight loss journey? We’ve got you covered!
Download this FREE expert-reviewed, science-backed Guide to learn about weight loss plateaus, how you can break past them, and much more
The Nutrisense CGM program costs depend on the plan you choose. Nutrisense offers four plans:
- A 3-month plan for $299 per month
- A 6-month plan for $250 per month
- A 12-month plan for $225 per month
- A month-to-month plan for $399 per month
All plans come with one free month of dietitian support.
Standout Benefit of Nutrisense: 1 Month of FREE Dietitian Support
All the CGM programs at Nutrisense include one month of complimentary dietitian coaching for new members.
Considering that your dietitian can help you set and keep sustainable health goals and help you interpret your CGM data, this is a valuable benefit for someone wearing a CGM for the first time.
And since everyone’s body is different, personalized support from a dietitian based on your unique data can go a long way in accomplishing your health goals. After the first month, members can extend dietitian support for an additional fee.
Get inspiration in your inbox!
Receive health-related articles, recipes, and special updates!
Signos Overview: Features, Pricing, and Benefits
In Signos’ own words, they are an “all-in-one health tool that provides members with access to its app and a continuous glucose monitor” to help with weight loss.
Signos’s app is AI-driven, which uses the data you put into it to generate recommendations about diet and exercise.
Members of Signos log what they eat, and the AI-driven app uses that data, along with the user’s blood glucose data from the CGM. It then provides personalized nutrition and exercise suggestions that may help balance your blood sugar in relation to weight loss.
Let’s take a more in-depth look at their features, pricing, and benefits.
Features and Benefits
Signos’s app offers several features, including
“Though we have good science to support a general goal for keeping glucose within a range of 70-140 mg/dl, it’s possible that the optimal range for each person may have some variability within that larger goal.”
Learn what works for your
individual body, for results that stick
Weight Loss Support
Signos believes that stabilizing your blood sugar is one of the keys to sustainable weight loss.
- Their app uses AI technology to track your blood glucose data.
- It then offers suggestions based on those AI algorithms for small changes you can make that will lower your blood glucose and may aid in weight loss.
- You can make changes accordingly: like exercising when your glucose is high to burn off excess glucose for example.
- These tools aim to keep you accountable for your weight loss goals.
Signos offers three plans:
- A 6-month plan that costs $159 per month
- A 3-month plan that costs $199 per month
- A month-to-month plan that costs $399 per month
All plans provide a CGM, AI-powered weight loss insight, and a digital telehealth assessment. Their three and six-month plans also offer access to an in-app nutritionist.
Standout Benefit of Signos: Custom Weight Loss Planning
The standout benefit of Signos is its personalized weight loss tools.
- The more information about your diet, workout, hydration, sleep, and weight you log, the better the AI works and the more personalized it is to you.
- When your glucose spikes out of your optimal range, the app alerts you with advice for how to lower it, which usually involves exercising.
- According to Signos, excess glucose can also change your appetite, making you more likely to overeat.
- These alerts can help you avoid glucose spikes that may throw you off your weight loss goals.
Nutrisense vs. Signos: A Side-by-Side Comparison
Access to app
Access to a registered dietitian
Number of plans
Alerts for high glucose levels
Personalized nutrition recommendations
1 month FREE Registered Dietitian Support
The Missing Piece on Your Wellness Journey
Nutrisense helps you find what works for your body!
Why You Should Choose Nutrisense
While the Signos CGM program is primarily focused towards offering weight loss support, Nutrisense takes a more comprehensive approach.
Weight loss is an important factor in metabolic health, but it is only one factor. At Nutrisense, the goal is to provide you with the tools you need to understand and support the many variables that affect your metabolic health.
And while Signos’s AI-driven app does provide helpful tools and data, nothing can replace a real, live person to chat with who brings professional expertise and years of experience to spot things possibly missed by AI algorithms alone.
Nutrisense gives you access to this, helping to combine data insights with human expertise. Your registered dietitian, a credentialed professional, can provide support and advice through the in-app chat feature.
Some of Signos' longer-term plans also make in-app nutrition support available. However, this option is not available with their one-month plan. This can make it more difficult to interpret your glucose insights when first getting started on your wellness journey.
“As a team of functional medicine-minded dietitians, we provide each Nutrisense member with unique and comprehensive weight loss support. While we use insights from CGMs to help members focus on glucose trends, we also take a broader holistic approach and focus on different weight influencers like stress, sleep, exercise, medications, and diet. We work together to create a strategy that's personalized and practical.”
Victoria Eaton, RDN, LDN, IFNCP, Nutrisense dietitian
Discover the joysof food freedom not food restriction , with our CGM program.
Nutrisense Testimonials: What Our Members Have to Say
Here’s what some of the happy members at Nutrisense have to say about Nutrisense’s CGM program:
“For me, the best part was having agency again over my health. Being able to visualize and see in real-time what my diet, lifestyle, and exercise habits were doing gave me such a sense of healthy control.”
“I learned so much about my body's response to carbs and sugar and the foods I regularly eat. And my dietitian was a great coach. She had great ideas for experiments that I would never have thought of on my own.”
“Nutrisense taught me the how, the why, and the when to eat . . . This program has helped me learn how to keep losing weight and, at the same time, enjoy my food!”
Watch Nutrisense member Stuart Tutler has to say about his journey with the CGM program.
Join Nutrisense for Real-Time Glucose Insights
In this article, we've illuminated what makes the Nutrisense CGM program so effective.
From the CGM to the dietitian support and access to the Nutrisense app, you get a complete picture of how your diet, stress levels, workouts, and sleep impact blood glucose levels—and, in turn, overall wellness.
The app also syncs to and integrates with various wearables and smartwatches, including the Apple Watch, Fitbit, Garmin, and Oura ring.
While other programs focus on only one aspect of your metabolic health, such as weight loss, Nutrisense is committed to a comprehensive approach that considers the importance of your overall well-being and metabolic health.
When you sign up for Nutrisense, you get one month of FREE dietitian coaching. The program matches you with a credentialed dietitian who can give you personalized advice and guidance to help meet your wellness goals.