With Nutrisense, you get:
- A CGM Program subscription
- Real-time glucose insights
- Access to the Nutrisense app where you can view your data
- Complimentary dietitian support for 30 days (with the possibility to extend it for a small added fee)
- The ability to track your nutrient intake, sleep patterns, stress, and activities
- Access to a members only community
Non-Diabetic Reasons For Continuous
With new advances in CGM technology, these biosensors can have a number of uses as part of a healthy lifestyle. As Dr. Payam Vahedifar, M.D., physician, and pain management specialist explains, "With these measurements, you can find out exactly what works for you in terms of exercise and diet and customize your lifestyle to suit your needs for optimal health."
Here are some ways continuous glucose monitoring for non-diabetics can be effective for a variety of wellness goals:
Meeting a Weight Loss Goal
- Optimize your diet for better hormonal responses
- Understand how your body uses energy
- Understand how glucose levels may impact metabolic health
- See how stress, sleep, and exercise can affect your weight loss goals
Improving Athletic Performance
- Prevent overtraining to minimize injury risk
- Support your athletic performance
- Learn how to properly fuel your body for training
- Recover more effectively from your workouts
Understanding Your Unique Body
- Learn how you can improve sleep quality & support stable energy levels
- See how daily habits may impact your overall well-being
- Create healthier dietary & lifestyle habits
- Use glucose insights to experiment with different dietary and lifestyle approaches
*Disclaimer: The Nutrisense program is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any conditions such as diabetes. This program is not a suitable treatment option for people with type 1 diabetes.
Benefits of Continuous Glucose Monitoring Even Without Diabetes
Learn About Your Body
Imagine having access to deeper insights into how your body works, with the ability to see how you react to the foods you eat with a simple swipe. That’s what you get when you use a continuous glucose monitor.
Wearing a CGM lets you view your glucose levels in real-time via a small, minimally-invasive biosensor. All you have to do is apply the sensor to the back of your arm and scan it using your smartphone to monitor your body’s glucose trends throughout the day.
When you have access to a CGM as part of your wellness ecosystem, you can get immediate feedback on your body's data and learn how various lifestyle factors impact your overall well-being.
- Observe your glucose levels in real time
- Get immediate feedback to see how your body reacts to your daily activities
- Learn how your diet, sleep, stress, and exercise habits impact overall wellness
- Make changes to build healthier, more sustainable lifestyle habits.
Every Body is Unique
Bio-individuality recognizes that each person’s body is unique, and what works for one person may not always be suitable for someone else.
The real-time insights from a continuous glucose monitor make it possible to take a closer look at your individual wellness.You can start making healthier choices, build sustainable habits, and set yourself up for success in the long-term.
CGM vs. Other Methods
Continuous glucose monitors are easy to use, and help you spot trends and patterns in your glucose levels, so you can adjust your lifestyle accordingly to meet a variety of wellness goals.
Here are five additional methods that can help you take a closer look at your blood sugar levels:
- Finger prick test (Glucometer)
- A1C test
- Fasting glucose test
- Oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT)
- Continuous glucose monitor (CGM)
Most methods of measuring glucose levels involve collecting a small blood sample to provide a blood sugar reading for a given moment.Unlike other methods, the CGM sensor stays on your arm for up to 14 days and measures glucose in real time.
You can scan your CGM with a smartphone using an app like the Nutrisense app to observe trends, get immediate feedback, and learn how your lifestyle habits may affect your well-being.
Still have questions? Here are some answers to a few of the most frequently asked questions.
*Disclaimer: The Nutrisense program is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any conditions such as diabetes.