Irrespective of which country you live in, you authorize us to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States, and any other country where we operate. In some of these countries, the privacy and data protection laws and rules regarding when government authorities may access data may vary from those in the country where you live. Learn more about our data transfer operations in the “International Transfer” section below. If you do not agree to the transfer, storage and use of your information in the United States, and any other country where we operate, please do not use the Applications or Services.
Terms of Service
By accessing or using the Applications in any manner, you also agree to be bound by NutriSense’ Terms of Service (the “Agreement”). Please read the Agreement carefully. If you do not accept all of the terms and conditions contained in or incorporated by reference into the Agreement, please do not use the Application.
Information We Collect
We collect information, including Personal Information, to provide better services to all our Users. We use the term “Personal Information” to refer to any information that identifies or can be used to identify you. Common examples of Personal Information include: full name, email address, digital identity, such as a login name or handle, information about your device, and certain metadata.
“Sensitive Personal Information” refers to a smaller subset of Personal Information which is considered more sensitive to the individual, such as race, biometric information, physical health information, or gender.
When you use our Services, we collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- Information You Give to Us
As you evaluate whether NutriSense is the right technology for you, you may choose to provide us with Personal Information about yourself, including your name and email address by completing forms on our website, or when creating and signing into your account on our Applications. On our Website, we will also collect financial data such as payment card details and bank account numbers in order to process transactions for certain services.
In some instances, you may elect to provide us with location and address information. You may also provide us with Personal Information about yourself when you report a problem or have a question about our services.
The Applications offer interactive and social features that permit you to submit content and communicate with us. You may provide Personal Information to us when you post information in these interactive and social features. Please note that your postings in these areas of the Applications may be publicly accessible or accessible to other Users.
Certain information is required when creating an account to use our Services on the mobile application, such as your name, email address, and password.
In addition, in order to improve your experience with the Services, you may choose to provide additional information such as your gender, birthday, height, weight, country location, race, fitness level, sporting activities, eating habits, historical biometric data, and other fitness information. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you may not be able to register for the NutriSense or take advantage of some features of the Services.
When your device syncs with NutriSense’ Application, certain data recorded on your device is transferred from your device to our servers.
- Information We Obtain from Your Use of Our Services
We collect certain information automatically, such as your operating system version, browser type, and internet service provider. We also collect information about your interaction with the Services, such as creating or logging into your account, or opening or interacting with the Services on Your mobile device. When you use our Application, we automatically collect and store this information in service logs. This includes: details of how you used our Application; Internet protocol address; cookies that uniquely identify your browser, the referring web page and pages visited. We may also collect and process information about your actual location. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may or may not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit one of our services, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services from our partners, such as advertising services. Our third-party advertising and analytics partners include Google and similar partners.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Pages of our services or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Clickstream data is information collected by our computers when you request Web pages from the Applications. Clickstream data may include information such as the page served, the time spent viewing the page, source of the request, type of browser making the request, the preceding page viewed and similar information. Clickstream data permits us to analyze how visitors arrive at the Applications, what type of content is popular, what type of visitors in the aggregate are interested in particular kinds of content on the Applications.
Information Collected Related to California Residents
During the last twelve (12) months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers.
Type of Identifiers We Collect
First and last name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal.Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, physical characteristics ordescription, address, telephone number,education, employment, employmenthistory and disciplinary action,professional memberships, employeereference checks, trade unionmembership, credit card number, debitcard number, or any other financialinformation, medical information.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age, nationality, racial or ethnic origin marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation.
D. Commercial information.
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
E. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application logs, device data and registration, social media account information or advertisement.
F. Biometric information.
Physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, heartrate, height, weight, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
Physical location or movements.
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
I. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations; disciplinary action, professional memberships, employee reference checks, and trade union membership.
J. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, behavior, and attitudes.
Provided that, in each circumstance, we will weigh the necessity of our processing for the purpose against your privacy and confidentiality interests, including taking into account your reasonable expectations, the impact of processing, and any safeguards which are or could be put in place. In all circumstances, we will limit such processing for our legitimate business interest to what is necessary for its purposes.
Your Failure to Provide Personal Information
Your provision of Personal Information is required in order to use certain Services and programs. In some instances, if you fail to provide such Personal Information, you may not be able to access and use our Services, or parts of our Services.
Our Retention of Your Personal Information
We use and retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is being processed, to carry out legitimate business interests, as well as on the basis of applicable legal requirements (such as applicable statutes of limitation).
After expiry of the applicable retention periods, your Personal Information will be deleted. If there is any data that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of such data.
Right to Delete Your Data.
1. If you are a resident of California, you may request the deletion of your Personal Information by clicking on the link below. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Nutrisense Privacy Request Form
Sharing Personal Information
Nutrisense may disclose your Personal Information to commercial providers for a business purpose. When we disclose Personal Information for these reasons, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for the purposes set forth in the contract. We may also share fully anonymized statistical data with our partners.
We disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates;
- Service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including without limitation those performing core services (such as billing, credit card processing, customer support services, customer relationship management, accounting, auditing, administering sweepstakes, surveys, advertising and marketing, analytics, email and mailing services, data storage, and security) related to the operation of our business and/or the Services, and making certain functionalities to our Users;
- Commercial sensor providers;
- Enterprise accounts;
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your Personal Information in connection with the services we provide to you.
We may disclose your Personal Information for legal reasons. Specifically, we will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Nutrisense if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Fulfill any purpose for which you provide it;
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- Protect against harm to the rights, property, assets or safety of Nutrisense, our Users or the public, content found on the Services, or to protect the Services from unauthorized use or misuse, as required or permitted by law;
- For any other purpose disclosed when you provide the information; and,
- When we obtain your consent to do so.
We attempt to notify you about legal demands for your Personal Information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell any Personal Information.
Your Privacy Choices
You may have certain rights relating to your Personal Information, subject to local data protection law. Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with choices about how we use your Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, you may obtain a copy of Personal Information we maintain about you. In addition, if you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request that we correct or amend the information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section below. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information.
Privacy Rights Specific to California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes Californians’ rights and explains how California residents can exercise those rights.
Below we further outline specific rights which California residents may have under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Right to Access Your Data. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12- month period preceding the receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to a “portable” copy of your Personal Information that you have submitted to us. Generally, this means you have a right to request that we move, copy or transmit your Personal Information stored on our servers or information technology environment to another service provider’s servers or information technology environment.
- Right to Delete Your Data. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising your privacy rights conferred by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Exercising Your Rights
If you are a California resident who chooses to exercise your rights, you can submit a request via the Nutrisense Privacy Request Form.
Our Response to Your Request
Upon receiving your request, we will confirm receipt of your request by sending you an email confirmation of receipt. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. In some instances, such as a request to delete personal information, we may first separately confirm that you would like for us to in fact delete your personal information before acting on your request.
We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process Personal Data for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, listed below, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq. );
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it
Our Opt-in/Opt-out Policy
We currently provide the following opt-out opportunities:
- At any time, you can follow a link provided in offers, newsletters or other email messages (except for e-commerce confirmation or service notice emails) received from us to unsubscribe from the service.
Third Party Links
The Applications may contain links to webpages operated by parties other than Nutrisense. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. Further, it is up to the User to take precautions to ensure that whatever links the User selects or software the User downloads (whether from this Site or other websites) is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects and other items of a destructive nature. These websites and services may have their own privacy policies, which the User will be subject to upon linking to the third party’s website. Nutrisense strongly recommends that each User review the third party’s terms and policies.
How We Protect Personal Information
Nutrisense maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the user's Personal Information and other information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we and/or our service providers use commercially reasonable security measures such as encryption, firewalls, and Secure Socket Layer software (SSL) or hypertext transfer protocol secure (HTTPS) to protect Personal Information.
Although we take reasonable steps designed to protect your Personal Information, please be advised that no security system or means of transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure (including without limitation with respect to computer viruses, malicious software and hacker attacks). We cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of your Personal Information or any information you disclose or transmit to us. We are not responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access, and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions.
The Applications and Services are not designed or intended to be used by anyone under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16 (or a minor in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing our Applications or Services), do not use the Services, or make purchases via the Services, use any interactive features of the Services, or post any Personal Information to our Applications or submit any Personal Information via the Services. We do not knowingly or intentionally gather Personal Information about children who are under the age of 16. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 16 in the applicable jurisdiction, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected the Personal Information of a child under 16, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible and cease the use of that information in accordance with applicable law.
Direct Marketing and “Do Not Track” Signals
NutriSense does not track its users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser may include controls to block and delete cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, to allow you to opt out of data collection through those technologies.
California residents are entitled to contact us to request information about whether we have disclosed Personal Information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Under the California “Shine the Light” law, California residents may opt-out of our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may choose to opt- out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes. To make such a request you should send an email to email@example.com with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights,” In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
How to Contact Us
Via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org